It takes a lot more than just beauty and luck to make a mark— and Sarish Khan, Miss Pakistan USA 2015 knows this pretty well. The 27-year-old US beauty of Pakistani origin is proud of her culture and stands tall because of it.
The lawyer turn actress is not just a pretty face. She is a lawyer by profession, a UN ambassador for women empowerment and an actress who’s ready to make her mark in the budding Pakistani entertainment industry with Syed Noor’s Chein Aye Na.
Sarish Khan considers herself an ambassador for Pakistan, “I am not just a beauty queen without a purpose,” said Sarish while sharing her views in an interview, “I aim to bring to light the diversity and adversity in the Pakistani community — particularly for women — in America and across the globe.”
1. Acting runs in her blood: Sarish is the granddaughter of Sabiha Khanum – the first diva of the Pakistan’s silver screen.
2. Before winning the title of Miss Pakistan USA in 2015, Sarish had never even watched a beauty pageant in her life. In her own words,
“I hadn’t watched a pageant in my life until I heard all the chatter about Nina Davuluri, the first Miss America of Indian descent to win the title.”
3. Khan is the youngest child with 2 elder sisters. Her mother decided to move to the USA after the demise of her father.
Sarish once revealed in an interview:
“My sisters were 14 and 10 and I was 7 years old when my mother packed up from Karachi and settled in a Caucasian neighborhood in Virginia.”
4. With strong independent women at her back, Sarish wants to be an agent of gender equality.
“We live in a world where women aren’t just homemakers, but also breadwinners. It is about time their male counterparts share responsibilities at home as well.”
5. Sarish Khan shared the Fashion Pakistan Week ramp walk with activist Mukhtaran Mai back in 2016.
6. The beauty with brains could be Pakistan’s answer to Deepika Padukone.
We see a major resemblance here, do you?
Looking back I have nothing to regret and little to forget. #Repost @graziapak ・・・ Catch #SarishKhan in a fun candid chat where she talks about life, romance and a modern take on the overly generalised feminism theory that goes around these days … GRAB YOUR COPY NOW!!! CLOTHES: HSY Accessories: @kinobykfj HAIR AND MAKE UP: N Pro PHOTOGRAPHY: Rizwan ul Haq ❤️ #graziapak #graziapk
Need more proof? Check this out.