Om Shanti Om, one of the biggest hits of 2007 has completed its 10 years today. Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday we were dancing to the tunes of “dard-e-disco!”
— Farah Khan (@TheFarahKhan) November 9, 2017
Shahrukh Khan starrer, Om Shanti Om brought back the concept of reincarnation in times when no one could’ve thought that a movie could be made around the idea and become a blockbuster. The movie was set in the 1970s and 2000s; paying tribute while equally poking fun at both of these eras. Also, we can’t thank Farah Khan enough for introducing us to the goddess, Deepika Padokune. Deepika started her career with this movie and since then, she has never looked back.
Om Shanti Om received universal acclaim from critics and made record-breaking box office collections. The movie was full of revenge, romance, and drama. It will forever be loved for its songs and epic dialogues that are etched in our hearts.
On completing its 10 years, we have put together a list of its most popular dialogues for you to enjoy.
- “Itni shidaat se main tumhe paane ki koshish ki hai ki har zaare ne mujhe tumse milane ki saazish ki hai.”
- “Humari filmon ki tarah humari zindagi mein bhi end mein sab theek ho jaata hai. Happys Endings.”
- “Ek Chutki Sindoor Ki Keemat tum kiya jano Ramesh Babu.”
- “Kehte hain kisi cheez ko agar sacchay dil se chaho to saari kayanaat usse tumsey milane ki koshish main lagjati hai.”
- “I feel like the king of the world.”
- “Picture abhi baaqi hai mere dost.”
Now, I’ll put on my headphones and listen to its songs, while you share this blog with your friends.”Happys Endings.”