Yet another proud moment for all Paksitanis. Pakistani Producer, Jami bagged an international award and we could not be more ecstatic at the news!
The film-maker achieved Open Doors – TFL (TorinoFilmLab) award at the Locarno film festival, Tuesday evening.
Founded in 1946, Locarno Festival is an annual film festival held every August in Locarno, Switzerland.
The producer dressed, Black and White Shalwar Kameez, said in his speech:
“Again, thank you so much, and this is very surprising, because I really wanted to be part of the next session somehow, somewhere with these people, so this is very interesting. Thank you so much.”
Along with Mehnaz Alavi Diwan of Studio Rail Films, Jami was one of the two Pakistanis that were representing Pakistan on this international platform.
This award will prove to be lucky for Jami as it will be a huge support for his upcoming projects; Hit and Run (expected to release in 2019), Jugnu (expected to release in 2019) and 92 Cricket WorldCup (expected to release in 2020).
The platform of Open Doors Lab gives the producers to distribute and circulate their films outside of their own country and to also help them reach international screens.
Other Awards Included:
(For The HUB)
- The Open Doors Grant: BADESZENEN by Dawood Hilmandi, Afghanistan (35’000 CHF) and ONE SUMMER DAY by Wera Aung, Myanmar (15’000 CHF).
- CNC Prize (8’000 €): ONE SUMMER DAY by Wera Aung, Myanmar
- The ARTE International Open Doors Prize (6’000 €): MADE IN BANGLADESH by Rubaiyat Hossain, Bangladesh
(For the LAB)
- The Open Doors – TorinoFilmLab Award: Jami Mahmood (Pakistan)
- Open Doors to development Initiative Film Grant: Rasitha Jinasena (Sri Lanka)
- Special mention from Initiative Film: Jawed Taiman (Afghanistan)