Meesha Shafi and Ali Zafar’s sexual harassment case has been going on for quite some time now.
However, the latest update is that the caretaker Governor of Punjab, Malik Muhammad Rafique Rajwana has dismissed Shafi’s appeal against Ali Zafar, reports the Express Tribune.
Previously, the Pepsi Battle of the Bands judge had filed a complaint to the governor against the alleged harasser under the Protection Against Harassment of Women at Workplace Act 2010.
The court rejected her appeal on July 11 on technical grounds that Meesha wasn’t an employee at the time when the harassment allegedly took place. Hence, the case could not proceed in court under the stated act.
According to Meesha Shafi’s lawyer:
“THE APPEAL HAS BEEN DISMISSED ON THE TECHNICAL BASIS, WHICH MEANS WHEN OMBUDSMAN CITED THE CASE TO BE NOT UNDER THE SAID ACT.
However, it is clear that Meesha Shafi legal team is determined to re-appeal the case.
“OUR PLAN IS TO APPEAL AGAIN ON A COMPETENT FORUM AND HOPEFULLY, JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL”
Ali Zafar’s legal team member Amreen Qureshi told the Express Tribune:
“THE APPEAL WAS DISMISSED SOME TIME AGO, AROUND THE SAME TIME ALI’S DEBUT PAKISTANI FILM TEEFA IN TROUBLE WAS RELEASING. THEREFORE, WE DIDN’T WANT THE ATTENTION FROM THE MOVIE TO BE DIVERTED”
The battle between the two big-wigs has the nation and its entertainment industry divided. Many are some are supporting Ali Zafar and claiming Meesha Shafi for pulling off a publicity stunt. The rest remain neutral and are waiting for the court to declare its final verdict on the matter.
What more drama is yet to unfold from Meesha-Ali’s harassment episode, let’s wait and watch!
Originally published on Brandsynario.