The 16th death anniversary of the legendary singer Madam Noor Jehan is being observed today on December 23, 2016.
Noor Jehan was not only popular in Pakistan but was also recognised globally. The Queen of Melody started her musical journey from Calcutta at the age of nine as a child star. Her career spanned for seven decades 1930 – 1990. She has recorded more than 10,000 songs in various languages and was given the title of ‘Queen of Melody’ (Malika-e-Tarannum).
Noor Jehan was also awarded the Pakistan President’s Award in 1965 for her exceptional acting and singing skills. She passed away on December 23, 2000 because of heart failure. Here’s a collection of her 10 amazing songs.
1. Main Teray Sung Kaisay Chaloon Sajna
2. Mujh Say Pehli Si Muhabbat
3. Chandni Raatein
4. Noor Jahan Main Te Mera Dilbar Jani
5. Sone Di Tavitri
6. Sanu Nair Wale Pul te bula ke
7. Hamari Sanson Mein Aaj Tak Woh
8. Dildar Sadqe Lakh War Sadqe