According to comScore’s latest figures “Finding Dory” which is Finding Nemo’s long-awaited sequel has been officially replaced by Universal’s “Secret Life of Pets” from the top spot in the worldwide box office. Surprised right? So are we.
Ranked US$50.1 million, “Finding Dory” was surprisingly surpassed by the film,”Secret Life of Pets” that gave glimpses into the world of pets when their owners weren’t around, opening to US$111 million. What can be more interesting than Dory on a journey to find her lost parents?
“Legend of Tarzan” of Warner Bros stole the third spot on the list with US$47.6 million followed by 20th Century Fox’s “Cold War 2” and “Ice Age: Collision Course” grossing US$44.2 million and US$32.2 million.
“The Secret Life of Pets is adequate animated entertainment, amusing while it lasts but not especially memorable except as a catalog of compromises and missed opportunities”. – A. O. Scott· The New York Times
Exceeding expectations of the industry,”Secret Life of Pets” stars Louis C.K. as a Jack Russell terrier, Jenny Slate as a white Pomeranian and Kevin Hart as a rabbit.
Here is an exclusive list of top 10 highest grossing movies at the worldwide box office:
1. Secret Life Of Pets, The – Universal – $111.0M
2. Finding Dory – Disney – $50.1M
3. Legend Of Tarzan, The – Warner Bros. – $47.6M
4. Cold War 2 – Multiple – $44.2M
5. Ice Age: Collision Course – 20th Century Fox – $32.2M
6. Big Fish & Chinese Flowering Crabapple – Beijing Enlight Pictures Co.,Ltd – $32.0M
7. Independence Day: Resurgence – 20th Century Fox – $29.2M
8. So Young 2: Never Gone – Beijing Ruyi Xinxin Film – $26.0M
9. Sultan – Multiple – $20.4M
10. Mike And Dave Need Wedding Dates – 20th Century Fox – $20.2M
Watch the trailer of “Secret Life of Pets” here:
Let us know if you are planning to watch “Secret Life of Pets” over “Finding Dory” in the comment box below.
Stay tuned to VeryFilmi Hollywood for more news and updates.