Secret Life Of Pets released earlier in July of 2016. The animated extravaganza has already made nearly $300 million at the domestic box office, and more than $400 million worldwide. Reportedly, It also had the best opening ever for an original animated movie. That being said, directors Chris Renaud and Yarrow Cheney have confirmed that they’re bringing back the sequel to the film in the year 2018.
While it took 13 years for the sequel to Finding Nemo to return to cinemas, Secret Life Of Pets will be back within 2 years. Ranked US$50.1 million, “Finding Dory” surprisingly surpassed th e film,”Secret Life of Pets”. The movie gave glimpses into the world of pets when their owners weren’t around.
Secret Life of Pets is one of the rarest animated films. Surprisingly, the movie isn’t brought to you by Disney. Instead, it is brought to you by the Despicable 2’s dream team. Pets was distributed by Universal and produced by Illumination Entertainment.
“The Secret Life of Pets is adequate animated entertainment, amusing while it lasts but not especially memorable except as a catalog of compromises and missed opportunities”. – A. O. Scott· The New York Times
Here is an exclusive list of top 10 highest grossing movies at the worldwide box office:
1. Secret Life Of Pets, The – Universal – $111.0M
2. Finding Dory – Disney – $50.1M
3. Legend Of Tarzan, The – Warner Bros. – $47.6M
4. Cold War 2 – Multiple – $44.2M
5. Ice Age: Collision Course – 20th Century Fox – $32.2M
6. Big Fish & Chinese Flowering Crabapple – Beijing Enlight Pictures Co.,Ltd – $32.0M
7. Independence Day: Resurgence – 20th Century Fox – $29.2M
8. So Young 2: Never Gone – Beijing Ruyi Xinxin Film – $26.0M
9. Sultan – Multiple – $20.4M
10. Mike And Dave Need Wedding Dates – 20th Century Fox – $20.2M
If you haven’t watched the trailer as yet, you can have a look at it here:
Prepare to see more pet-filled sequels in the future? Let us know in the comment box below.
For more news and updates, stay tuned to VeryFilmi Hollywood.